Why are the baby-boomers so damned conservative you ask? It could very well be due to the following hilarious public service announcements fed to them in the 50’s and 60’s! This is what happens when Ad Agencies meet up with governments…Don’t think this doesn’t happen today.
Here is the list of the top 6.
- #6 – Pornography Will Literally Destroy Civilization
- #5 – Homosexual Men are Bloodthirsty Predators
- #4 – Teens Only Learn Via Snide Criticism
- #3 – Marijuana Leads to Heroin Abuse, Pretty Much Immediately
- #2 – Evacuating After a Nuclear Attack Makes You a Pussy and a Traitor
- #1 – “Duck and Cover” Will Save You From an Atomic Blast
Click the link below to watch them!
I just love the marijuana one, and the # 1 “duck & cover”. Even though I was raised in the 70’s, I remember watching that one and thinking that everything would be OK once I ducked and covered.
One person that never fell for the government hype was George Carlin!
Here is a list of George Carlin quotes, showing his comic genius.
- “Weather tonight: dark. Turning partly light by morning.” (as Al Sleet, the Hippy Dippy Weatherman, 1966)
- “You can prick your finger … Just don’t finger your prick.” (explaining his “dirty words” list, 1972)
- “How can He be perfect? Everything He ever makes…dies.” (On God)
- “As it stands right now, I lead Richard Pryor in heart attacks, two to one. However, Richard still leads me, one to nothing, in burning yourself up.” (after his second heart attack, 1982)
- “Have you ever noticed that you never get laid on Thanksgiving? I think it’s because all the coats are on the bed.”
- “I’ve been uplinked and downloaded. I’ve been inputted and outsourced. I know the upside of downsizing; I know the downside of upgrading. I’m a high-tech lowlife. A cutting-edge, state-of-the-art, bicoastal mutlitasker, and I can give you a gigabyte in a nanosecond.” (from his “Ode to the Modern Man,” 2004)
- “If crime fighters fight crime and fire fighters fight fire, what do freedom fighters fight?”
- “Isn’t it a bit unnerving that doctors call what they do ‘practice’?”
- “The reason they call it the American Dream is because you have to be asleep to believe it.”
- “How is it possible to have a civil war?”
Found over @ Digg.com