I am certain that most of you have heard the phrase,”communism doesn’t work”. Most of the time it is pointed out as proof, that the Soviet Union(CCCP) collapsed, and the Berlin Wall was torn down, and the USA is all powerful. So, Capitalism must be the best system…People may be right…
But, on the flip side of the coin, Capitalism seems to be falling apart, and it inflicts suffering upon the developing world like no other system. I find the following quotes by Karl Marx surprisingly “modern”. Oh, how the political pendulum swings…
Karl Marx Quotes
- The oppressed are allowed once every few years to decide which particular representatives of the oppressing class are to represent and repress them.
- The rich will do anything for the poor but get off their backs.
- The theory of Communism may be summed up in one sentence: Abolish all private property.
- We should not say that one man’s hour is worth another man’s hour, but rather that one man during an hour is worth just as much as another man during an hour. Time is everything, man is nothing: he is at the most time’s carcass.
- The production of too many useful things results in too many useless people.
- The last capitalist we hang shall be the one who sold us the rope.
And a couple of his religious quotes to finish it off!
- Religion is the impotence of the human mind to deal with occurrences it cannot understand.(of course, one of my favourites!)
- Religion is the sigh of the oppressed creature, the heart of a heartless world, just as it is the spirit of a spiritless situation. It is the opium of the people.