There has been lots of tragic and sad news coming out of Japan. At some point my fascination with tsunamis, nuclear meltdowns and earthquakes starts to wear off. What I mean is that like most people, I am awe struck at the power of nature, but then reality kicks in, and seeing people suffer makes me sad. Then, I don’t want to know anymore about it, and it starts to disturb me.
To counteract all this, I am going out of my way to find cool news stories. What better day than Pi day? I missed Pi day this year, but the good news is that news doesn’t disappear. It’s archived in Google Reader…Here are some interesting Pi day stories I thought I would share with you.
- It’s Pi Day. Do you know what 3.1415926535897932384626433832795 sounds like?
- IE 9 Launched on Pi day…Is that like pie in the face?
- Twitter launched 5 years ago this week!
- Gizmodo thinks Pi day is a crock! What???
There you go. Interesting and quirky stories I missed on Pi Day…
- In Honor of Pi Day: Nerds on TV (buddytv.com)
- Pie for Pi Day (planejaner.com)
- Happy Pi Day!!! (mylibrarycardworeout.wordpress.com)
- Happy Pi day, all! On Piphilology and poems about π (quipshots.wordpress.com)