I just read a good article over at Gizmodo about radiation. As with everything, people make important decisions in their life by taking calculated risks. The same thing applies with radiation.
The following article talks about why it’s OK to be exposed to radiation if you are the one making the calculated choices. Things like CT Scans, MRIs, X-Rays, Dental X-Rays. But, to be exposed to potentially unsafe levels of radiation because some company decides that it is a risk THEY are willing to take for you, is not so good.
What are your thoughts on the big Japanese nuclear mess?
- Fukushima Radiation Spreading to More U.S. States (freedomwatchps.wordpress.com)
- Primer: Will Radiation Lay Waste to Japan’s Fish? (news.sciencemag.org)
- The Nuclear Nightmare (mountainrepublic.net)
- An Explanation about Radiation (havefanwithscarlet.wordpress.com)
- XKCD Radiation Dose Chart (themarkr.wordpress.com)