I am starting to compile some of my wishes(and pipe dreams) for 2012. Not necessarily a New Year’s Resolution as a list of stuff I hope happens or doesn’t happen in the coming year.
So without further ado, here are my top 20 wishes for 2012.
- That I have a healthy baby come mid March and that my wife makes it through having the baby un-scathed.
- That we find a perfect house to move into come March. Man, I hope so…
- That it is a banner year for Linux!
- That Remember the Milk FINALLY does an interface update! Oh, and includes location reminders from IOS 5.
- That my kids find better ways of getting along so I don’t go insane!
- That Facebook has a mass exodus and people I KNOW start to use Twitter or Google+ more.
- That I mountain bike on every stat holiday this coming up year! I only missed a couple in 2011. And of course ride a whole lot more!
- That my bike survives another year with minimal cost!
- That my wife gets on her new bike next year and I can go out riding with all of my family more often.
- That I loose 10 to 15 pounds and feel like the fit guy I did a couple of years ago.
- That they come up with a cheap and safe solution to male pattern baldness! lol. One can hope.
- That my cell phone provider lets me out of my damn contract and gives me a phone credit so I can get an Android phone and dump Apple for good!
- That I continue running throughout the year and break the 45 minute 10km.
- That there is more Occupy protests and that they result in REAL changes between the rich and poor in the world.
- That the USA completely changes their foreign policy and focus on the poor in their own country, and not on oil in the middle east.
- That I have sex more often than ever before! haha. I can wish, can’t I?
- That my hard drives don’t crash and my backups are up to date…
- That I see friends more often than I did this year, and that I keep in touch more.
- That Stephen Harper has a mass caucus revolt and the NDP become the ruling party.
- That religion slowly fades into oblivion and people start treating each other as equals based on being good to one another, rather that judging and killing in the name of their god.
Well, I’m sure there are a bunch of more important things I could have wished for, but seeing that there is no Genie in a bottle, I can change them at any time…
What do you hope for in 2012? Let me know by leaving a comment…